Each year I like to create Valentines that my boys can give to their friends and classmates that align with their current interests. As I mentioned with Deuce’s Sonic Valentine, its some times more challenging than others depending on what that current interest is and what’s readily available in stores.
Although it was slightly easier to find truck themed items for RG’s valentines, it still required a bit of creativity and flexibility.
RG is two, and he loves construction trucks! When we are in the car, it’s so funny to hear his sweet little voice fluctuating when he says, “Mommy! There’s a BIG truck!” We live in an area where there’s a lot of construction, which makes for daily sightings of excavators, diggers, and dump trucks, and I am delighted by the unending excitement and surprise that he expresses when he points out each one.
The children in his class range from 18 months to 2 years old, so I wanted to be very mindful of creating a Valentine that ensured it included treats the kids could enjoy.
Here are my sweet little construction truck lovers Valentine and directions if you want to create your own for your little one!
What You’ll Need:
- Clear Cellophane Bags
- Wooden Shaped Ornament Hearts
- Construction Truck Shaped Foam Stickers
- Mini Construction Trucks
- Construction Valentine Card
- Heart-Shaped Sand (At Target in the dollar section near the front. If you can’t find, use miniature containers of Play-dough)
- Cookie Snacks
- Apple Sauce Pouch
- Brown Festive Shredded Paper
- Visit Digital Art Star’s Etsy shop and purchase the “I Dig You” digital download, or find another construction themed one of your choosing online. Once downloaded, print as many copies as you’ll need on 8.5 x 11’’ cardstock and cut them out.
- Take your wooden heart and apply your truck shaped foam sticker to the center of one side.
- Take your cellophane bag and place about ½ cup of the shredded paper inside of it.
- Next, take your apple sauce pouch and place it in the center of the bag on top of the shredded paper.
- Then, place your cookies behind the apple sauce.
- Place your mini construction truck inside the bag in front of the apple sauce pouch.
- Next, place your heart-shaped sand atop the truck.
- Place your construction valentine card inside the bag in front or behind the truck so that it can be visible from the front of the bag.
- Lastly, take the string that comes with your wooden heart, tie it around the bag, make a knot, add the heart to the string, and tie it once again around the bag’s front.
- Hand them out to friends 🙂